Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lynn's new knee


It has been quite a week, on Wed. the 17th of Dec, Lynn very nervously went to St Marks Hospital to get a titanium knee, it took a little over 3 hrs, the next day was the worst, they didn't give him enough pain meds and he was hurting, then they gave him tooooooo much oxie cotton, I don't know how to spell or pronounce it but he was soooo out of it, he was sound asleep with food in his mouth, he could not stay awake, then he was so nauseated it was terrible, so yesterday he refused to take any pain meds, and he is doing so much better.

I brought him home today, and of course he had to come home with some pain meds because his knee would go stiff if his pain got too bad and he wouldn't be able to exercise it. He is doing everything he is supposed to do, its amazing he can go down and up the stairs, slowly of course, but if he has improved this much so soon, I know he is going to be so happy he had it done. The doctor said his knee was completely worn out on both sides of his knee; because he is knocked kneed the doctor straighten it out so it is really bruised on the side, but that will pass. He is going to be the iron man and ready to climb Timp as soon as the snow melts. (Be ready Matt and Jill)

Thanks for your prayers and concern and thoughtfulness, we love and appreciate you soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Monica said...

You have been in our prayers! Boy has dad been through it! Mom I am so proud of you writing on your blog! Just think you are doing family history!!! Isn't that exciting! You are such an entertaining writer---it was like we were there! We were definitely there in SPIRIT!!!! Dad sounds so much better today! Love ya tons!

Amber said...

I love you Grandpa! I hope you recover super fast!
Love, Megan

joslyn marie said...

Grandpa! We love you! We are so glad the surgery is over! You'll recover fast. We love and miss you tons!!

Meg said...

I LOVE LYNN'S SILLY PICTURE WHEN HE WAS DOPED UP DRUGS :)
Can I bring dinner one night this week to help?

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Dad, you are soooooo brave!:)
Really, you are! We are praying that your recovery is a quick one. Tell mom it is OK for you to take some pain meds!! I know she was worried when your face was falling in your food..... that you were becoming a drugie. Maybe you can find somewhere inbetween pain and comatose.
WE LOVE YOU BOTH!!

Rose said...

My uncle, who is a farmer, had both knees done and he loves the results! He moves around so much better now! I'm looking forward to seeing Super Man next Sunday with his super power knee, able to leap short pieces of paper in a single bound!

When my other uncle got his hip replaced he asked the doctor if he could dance, now that his hip felt better. The doctor told him yes. My uncle replied, "Great, cause I never could dance before!"

Jeremy Whiting said...

Rose, our Dad needs no help coming up with corny jokes to tell the Doctor! Are you sure your Uncle isn't related to us somehow?

Dad, I would have just given you one of my knees. I could have been done Christmas shopping early. Hopefully someone put your work laptop out of reach so you can do nothing but relax and slowly hobble around the house and recover. Love you Dad.